“Rebellion is a refusal of obedience or order . It may, therefore, be seen as encompassing a range of behaviors from civil disobedience and mass nonviolent resistance, to violent and organized attempts to destroy an established authority such as the government. Those who participate in rebellions are known as “rebels”. A Rebel is distinguished from an outsider. An outsider is one who is excluded from a group whereas a rebel goes against it. Also, a rebel’s potential to overthrow the leadership is recognized and substantial, unless the rebellion is crushed, whereas an outsider has been marginalized and is considered to be degenerate.”
Swine Flu: According to reports, the virus is a “never-before-seen form of the flu that combines pig, bird and human viruses” which consists of an intercontinental mix of viruses from North America, Europe and Asia.
“CDC officials detected a virus with a unique combination of gene segments that have not been seen in people or pigs before,” according to an Associated Press report.
“This strain of swine influenza that’s beencultured in a laboratoryis something that’s not been seen anywhere actually in the United States and the world, so this is actually a new strain of influenza that’s been identified,” said Dr. John Carlo, Dallas Co. Medical Director (video clip here).
Alarming reports are now filtering in about people catching the illness who have had no contact with pigs whatsoever. These include a man and his daughter in San Diego County, a 41-year-old woman in Imperial County and two teenagers in San Antonio, Texas. In fact, in all U.S. cases, the victims had no contact with any pigs.
Combine the two, and you are in a LOT of trouble.
I have been really busy the past couple days because I have a Macroeconomics midterm coming up on monday, but I was able to turn out one solid mix this weekend, as well as update the house session from April 7
- Move For Me – Deadmau5 & Kaskade
- Signs (Arman Van Helden Remix) – Bloc Party
- Walk the Line – Laurent Wolf
Songs I am listening to today:
Now it’s time for something completely different:
(read to the end and you get more cookies)
VR/Swine Flu’s Relationship Advice
A list of things to do that might show a girl how much you care about her, for all you romantics out there..
- leave 2 dozen roses and a love note on her bed, secretly, so she finds it as a surprise (bonus points if you get her friends involved and she has no idea what you’re doing)
- take her to the beach and teach her to surf, sunbathe, then get margaritas after
- go get bagels, coffee, jamba juice, or Ihop after a night when you both had way too much to drink (bonus points if she stays the night in your bed)
- go on a west coast roadtrip across minimum 2 states
- bonus points if:
- – you stay in a coastal hotel complete with hottub and queen size bed, and then you comp bottles of wine to the room like theres no tmrw
- – extra bonus points if you go on a romantic walk and watch the waves hit the shore
- – go up in the gondola and have an aerial view/hike through all the amazing huge redwood trees in Northern cal (also, if possible, go to the drive thru tree, and let her drive through it)
- stay with her in an apartment in San Francisco **this one is a must** make sure you take her out to dinner, party and buy her drinks, and be sure to try the watermelon wheat beer from the Beanbag (but watch out for the crazy stalker guy..)
- pick her up from the airport whenever she needs you to
- share all of your music with her and make her playlists that remind you of her
- buy her earrings and scarves from foreign countries to show how much you’ve missed her, and make sure they highlight/complement her beautiful eyes
- take her on a tour of London and introduce her to the ‘snake-bite‘ (great drink, if you didn’t know..) – pretty much any major european city will do, just make sure you know where to take her
- introduce her to your entire family, even if they’re strange..
- take her to a super secret spot on the beach and watch shooting stars together **this one is tough but required** 🙂
- write her a song on the piano
- wait for her outside as long as you have to; in the end, its worthit
- supply all the alcohol and come up with the theme for her birthday party and make friends with all her friends, so you can all hang out more often
- watch ‘kitchen nightmares’, ‘modern family’, and/or ‘better off ted’ with her just to relax and snuggle, even when you have TONS of work you should be doing
- spend hours editing her spanish HW, essays, and help edit her application essay for abroad, even when her getting accepted to abroad means she’s gone for the entire next semester
- give her massages whenever she is stressed or pretty much just whenever she wants; soft kisses are also a plus
- name your first imaginary child in advance, naturally after the best cereal ever (lucky charms, duhhh)
- talk about/come up with super secret plots to steal cute adopted asian babies
- brag to everyone about how beautiful and perfect she is, even if she doesn’t do the same for you
- leave pictures of cute puppies on her computer
- always forgive her for anything and everything she has ever done to upset you or break your heart, even if she doesn’t do the same for you
There is a great list of ideas for you.
Red Mist – Danny Byrd
In the making for the next couple days:
After I finish my midterm, I am going to be performing for a few days straight as well as making mixtapes, so please stay posted, got some interesting stuff coming soon..
– TNC/hiphop/R&B Party Mixtapes
– Tons more House/Electro and Dubstep/Grime
– Trance/HighER energy (what, you thought it wasn’t possible?)
TIME HEALS ALL
you know what else is a great remedy?!
(I was originally a guitarist, after all..)
So I guess what I have learned is that life is a process. It has its ups and downs, a lot more frequently than we all would like; it’s filled with injustice and sorrow sometimes, other times its beautiful and simple. Those times are the best, but we can’t have the good without the bad. That’s just reality.
The best we can do is keep our heads up and keep fighting for what we love. And every day we must remember, that not all of us are even fortunate enough to be blessed with life, so we who are must take nothing for granted.
VIVA LA MUSICA Y VIDA PURA